How to Transform the Yom Kippur Service into an Unforgettable Personal Experience
By Simon Jacobson
- How to simplify, demystify and decomplex the prayer service.
- A step-by-step detailed guide showing you how to lead your congregation through the five prayers of Yom Kippur as a journey into the five dimensions of the soul.
- How to begin Yom Kippur and set the tone for a truly moving and transformative experience.
- Practical suggestions to lift the services to another level, like beginning with blessing everyone with the traditional “blessing of the children.”
- Excellent source material. Everything you need and more in this one-stop Yom Kippur guide, with a wealth of information at your fingertips, that can be used in multiple ways.
- Easily adaptable to your style, as well as allowing you to work into this guide any of your sermons, insights and thoughts.
- Suggested key prayer “stops” you can highlight, focus on and personalize, with plenty of ideas on applying these prayers to people’s lives and challenges.
- How to turn the pinnacle of Yom Kippur — the final Neiilah service — into a transformative experience that your congregants will never forget.
- A detailed breakdown of all the major prayers, Torah readings and special highlights, including Kol Nidrei, Yizkor, the Avodah service, the ten martyrs, the story of Jonah, Neilah and much more — all deciphered and brought alive in personally relevant terms.