All positive change is precipitated by action. The negative forces of the world and within you thrive on complacency and inaction — if you want to live a positive life, you have to do positive things and think positive thoughts. This does not mean burying your head in the sand and being either a doormat or a “Pollyanna” — just the opposite. Strengthening your soul through action is your best defense — it is absolutely true that “the best defense is a good offense.” Action jolts you out of inertia and the status quo. It forces you out of routines and patterns.
Recognize Negative Influences
When positivity and negativity are two distinct entities, you can at least identify negativity and deal with it accordingly. But when negativity is hiding amidst your friends, when the toxic is buried within the good, where do you begin? The lack of clarity allows negativity to grow, and it demoralizes you and saps your resolve to fight an invisible enemy. Some of the worst diseases known to mankind are the ones in which parasites or malignant cells intertwine themselves and “hide” between healthy cells. Once they embed themselves, the only way to eliminate them is through aggressive medical treatment, which at times requires killing good cells with the bad cells. To preempt this you need to isolate the problem at the outset. Awareness of the problem is half the cure.
Act on Your Inner Voice and Higher Calling
What should inspire your actions? Your indispensable individuality and your inner core. Awareness of them will in turn empower you to live by your inner voice and higher calling, rather than be swayed and seduced by the forces around you that relentlessly inundate you with all sorts of demands. Your inner self will embolden you with the power to define your own destiny, instead of having others define it for you, and indeed shape the universe, instead of it shaping you.
A Few Ideas for Positive Actions
- Commit here and now to love every friend or stranger with baseless and unconditional love.
- Eliminate judgmentalism from your life.
- Commit to increase and intensify learning about your inner self and your unique purpose in life. Commit to inspire others to do so as well.
- Take part in building or expanding something positive, like a school, spiritual center, or other cause of your choice.
- Increase in giving charity.
- Every morning and evening speak to your children about their inner selves and unique purpose in life.
- Place positive, spiritual reading materials and a charity box in a conspicuous place in your home, as well as in your children’s rooms.
- Inspire others to do all the above.
Exercise: Identify negative influences in your corner of the world. Then create your own list of positive actions. Resolve to focus on the positive. Journal about it in your MyMLC journal.
Go deeper into this subject: Our Response to Tragedy | Absolute Evil? | The Key to Taking Charge of Your Life | All Articles About Discovering Your Inner Voice & Higher Calling |