Snow evokes a sense of awe and wonder in many who witness its falling.
Who has not been awed by the beauty of the city or countryside covered in snow? The serenity and whiteness of snow attracts us. We sense the purity of snow when we wake up in the morning and the streets, which are so often filled with grime, are all covered with a white blanket of snow. Snow has the ability to cover over the impurities of life and remind us of our own purity.
So snow is heaven speaking to us – speaking to us through purity, speaking to us gently and gradually on our terms.
Snow carries mystical meaning. Journey with us into the mystical meaning of snow!
The Spiritual Meaning of Snow
- Water is a form of knowledge. Water descending from a high place to a lower place represents knowledge flowing from a higher reality down to mundane life. Rain (water in liquid form) is a transmission of knowledge that is harder to grasp. Ice (water in solid form) is more compact and easy to grasp. These two forms of precipitation symbolize the way that knowledge moves from higher reality to mundane life. Snow is a hybrid of the two forms of water.
- Snow is, in mystical terms, an intermediary between higher reality and mundane life.
- Snow is a great equalizer – no matter how big the building, or the car, whether a Lexus or a Hyundai, they’re all covered equally by the snow. Snow has the ability to cover over the impurities of life and remind us of our own purity.
- Snow is likened to a gentle and kind version of education, one that emphasizes purity of spirit.
- To learn more about educating others in the gentle manner of snow, read The Spiritual Meaning of Snow.
A Snow Shoveling Meditation
Do you see snow as an interruption? If shoveling snow feels like a battle to you, then do this snow shoveling meditation.
Snow helps me to place my life in perspective.
When you are shoveling, say the meditation to yourself. Stop and allow yourself to appreciate and absorb the mystical beauty of snow.
SOULGYM I MASTERCLASS
Live with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
How to Warm Your Soul in a Cold World
Wednesday, January 11, 2023 @8:30pm
Live Stream | Podcast
Add to Calendar
I do apologize what I am about to say. I have a surveillance camera in my living room. As my husband was watching the television, he took a quick glance at the camera like usual. He usually feeds a stray cat but didn’t see him, he figured the cat would come later on. It was snowing the night before and my husband plowed the snow earlier in the day. I was in my room when he called me and said, “Look at the camera. As i looked at the camera in back door, On the ground was left over snow so I went and poured water over the snow. When I went back inside. My husband called my name real loud. As I rushed over to him. He pointed to the camera. There was a design of a huge man’s face with eyes, nose, ears etc. So then I went back to put more water. And now it became a dogs face. I know this sounds bizarre and out of the norm. But, it is interesting and scary at the same time. Is there a meaning behind all of this. Please and again I apologize I need to know.
Amen! Love this article and all you post and Moshiach now!