What is Purim?
For some Purim is a time of fun, masks, games, a way to keep our children entertained - a type of
Jewish "Halloween." For others this holiday is yet another drag. And for many others Purim - as
opposed to say, Passover or Yom Kippur - is either obscure, irrelevant or simply non-existent.
Yet, would you surprised to hear that in many ways Purim is the highest point of the year - sometimes considered even greater than Yom Ki-purim?!
· How would our Jewish lives be different without Purim?
· What is the story behind the story of Purim?
· What is NOT in the Megillah?
· How are Unity & Leadership two main themes of Purim?
· What does Purim teach about turning adversity into Joy?
Date: Tuesday February 23, 2010
Time: 9:00 PM Eastern | 6:00 PM Pacific
Place: Your Telephone OR your Computer
Price: $27. However, if your current situation demands it,
we have a limited number of "subsidized virtual seats"
available for $18.
What Do I Get For My Registration Fee?
1. A live, interactive 120-minute tele-webinar.
2. A recording of the entire event, streamed over the Internet.
3. A downloadable MP3 recording of the event.
4. A 32 page Study Guide ebook, including essential readings on
Purim by Simon Jacobson.
5. Three sessions of streamable audio with Simon Jacobson on the meaning of Purim, edited and assembled exclusively for registrants to this teleseminar.
6. An exclusive mp3 download Purim: Making the Impossible
Possible by Simon Jacobson.
Rabbi Simon Jacobson
In this 120-minute live, interactive session, you will gain insight
into the Why, What and How of the unique festival of Purim,
and discover the enormous spiritual power of Purim and how
it can transform YOUR life.
While the material is first-class, the means are straightforward, suitable to anyone, regardless of your
religious or educational background. You will be able to get some of your own questions answered live!
If you happen to also be an educator, lay or professional, this teleseminar will serve as a pre-made
module. You can learn, adapt and then teach this material. Your students, congregants and friends will
be delighted to gain this insight and knowledge through you from one of the leading authors and
thinkers in the Jewish world today.
All you need participate is either a telephone OR a computer. Period. No travel, no hassle.
To reserve your virtual seat (yes, there is a limit on the number of attendees we can accommodate),
|"Wonderful, wonderful program!"
- Robert Ruben, Waltham, Massachusetts
"Wonderful class, very personable!"
- Susie Hicks, Joplin, Missouri
"Thank You for the TeleWebinar with Simon
Jacobson! His responses to the questions were
illustrative of his keen mind and tender heart. A
gracious soul is certainly an apt description of Rabbi
Jacobson. Your preparations for us who participate
are excellent! You also obviously have the heart of
a teacher. Even your reminders are significant."
- Larin Kerr, Port Orchard, Washington
"Could not write notes fast enough..."
- Phil Schneider, Riverdale, New York
|"It could have a real impact on my life...!"
- Harry Pearl, Rochester, New York
"This teleseminar [was] for me a very strong
source for inspiration. Thank you so much.
It's amazing all the efforts put together to
reach so many people around the globe."
- Natalia van Hissenhoven Lapacó, Columbia
"Very clearly how we can look for wonder in
the routine of the holiday."
- Meira Lerman, Houston, Texas
"He translates the transcendent into earthly
terms, and makes the complex simple, and I admire him very much."
- Anita Pomerance, New York, New York